[Haskell-cafe] Navigating Haddock

David Pollak feeder.of.the.bears at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 18:19:25 EDT 2007

Howdy,

As I'm starting to learn the Haskell libraries, I'm having a less than fun
time trying to figure out what functions operate on what types.  For
example, in the documentation for HaXml, there's a description of Document:
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/HaXml/HaXml/Text-XML-HaXml-Types.html#4

However, I can't find any links to what functions accept document as a
parameter.  Am I missing some magic?

A couple of other questions...

Can ByteStrings be substituted anywhere that takes a String (e.g., HaXml
xmlParse)?

Is there a way to deal with UTF-8 encoded byte arrays converting them to
Strings other than http://www.gatago.org/fa/haskell/52409638.html ?

Thanks,

David

--
lift, the fast, powerful, easy web framework
http://liftweb.net