[Haskell-cafe] Re: Re: monad subexpressions

Chris Smith cdsmith at twu.net
Fri Aug 3 00:24:01 EDT 2007

Derek Elkins <derek.a.elkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ( <- expr )   -- makes sense, and I think it's unambiguous
> > ``expr``      -- back-ticks make sense for UNIX shell scripters

> The latter is not sensible to me at all.  It doesn't nest well.

Ah, excellent point!  Okay, it's gone then.  Everything will then need
some kind of bracketing -- (), [], or {}.  I dislike [] out of hand,
simply because this has nothing to do with lists.

> Neither does the former for that matter, but it forces parenthesizing.

I'm unclear on whether you still have an objection, given that yes it
does force parenthesizing.

--
Chris Smith