[Haskell-cafe] monad subexpressions

Dan Licata drl at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Aug 2 17:53:13 EDT 2007

Hi Chris,

Simon mentioned this to me as a possible project when I started my
internship here at MSR, so I'm pretty sure this is both on the wish-list
and not already taken (but we should check with Simon to make sure).
I've since wished for it a few times as I've been implementing view
patterns, so I personally think it would be a great thing for you to
implement!

If you're interested in doing this, I'd be happy to give you an overview
of what pieces of GHC you'll need to touch and to answer your questions
(as best I can!) as you work on the implementation.  I've gotten to know
the front end of GHC a little over the past few weeks.

Let me know,
-Dan