[Haskell-cafe] RE:Cross-over from Haskell.org [Haskell] Re: Newbie: what are the advantages of Haskell?

Taillefer, Troy (EXP) troy.taillefer at lmco.com
Mon Apr 30 08:04:34 EDT 2007

Udo,

I am cross posted/migrated this to Haskell-cafe per Simons request

sorry for the late response I don't check this email on weekends

I really dislike Perl as a programming language but I have to strongly
disagree about your statements about CPAN and the quality of its
contents.
I have worked professional in Perl (Feel free to feel sorry for me) for
over a year
and I have always been impressed with what I could find in CPAN.

Perl obviously has a niche and is "well supported by its community".

Perl is popular so it must have some merit. I don't subscribe to the
flawed reasoning that Perl Hackers just don't know any better or that
they are dumb, or intellectual inferior in some way. Programmers have
very good and valid reason for choosing their tools and I will have
words for those who irrational state otherwise especially in a
belittling manner I am pro choice.

I am going to borrow some Ebonics

"Don't language Hate Appreciate"

Troy