[Haskell-cafe] Creating pseudo terminals

Tom Hawkins tomahawkins at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 11:11:28 EDT 2007

How can I create a pseudo terminal in Linux with Haskell?  Nothing is
jumping out at me in the standard library.

I haven't done this before in any language, so any tips would be
appreciated.  From what I gather, a call to posix_openpt or openpty
returns a master and a slave, or alternatively opening /dev/ptmx
followed by calls to grantpt and unlockpt.

I'm building a load balancing and sharing system similar to Platform's
LSF.  The pseudo terminal is for interactive jobs running on a remote
machine.

Thanks for any help!

-Tom