[Haskell-cafe] Displaying infered type signature of 'offside' functions

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 04:58:07 EDT 2007

On 28/04/07, Georg Sauthoff <g_sauthoff at web.de> wrote:
> Well, I mention this, because I would like to integrate some
> lookup feature (for type signatures) into vim (if it doesn't
> exist yet).

It's worth pointing out that Emacs's haskell-mode already has this.
For anyone that uses the major mode but hasn't heard of the
inf-haskell features:

C-c C-t inferior-haskell-type: looks up a type of the function under
point, built-in or user-defined.
C-c C-i inferior-haskell-info: looks up the info, à la GHCi :info, of
the identifer under point, built-in or user-defined.
C-c M-. inferor-haskell-find-definition: jumps to the definition of
the function, class or datatype etc. under point.

See the Haskell wiki page [1] for more information.

[1]: http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_mode_for_Emacs#inf-haskell.el:_the_best_thing_since_the_breadknife

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com