[Haskell-cafe] Poor first impression

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 11:11:30 EDT 2007

On 4/27/07, Joe Re <jre2 at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Perhaps you were installing by tarball because you thought Fedora
> doesn't have a recent version of ghc in their repositories?

Exactly. I saw the latest version was very recent, didn't think any FC6
repos woudl have it.
As a matter of fact I wasn't even aware that FC6 repos had ANY haskell
compiler in there.

Minor side note: ghc is just one of many (albeit the dominant)
> compiler for Haskell.  Surely you wouldn't discredit C++ as a language
> just because your borland compiler broke? :-)

Don't worry, I wasn't  as mad as I sounded. But I'm latin so I wanted to do
a big scene so everyone pays attention and fixes this, either in the
documentation, in the web page (by making the notice coloured red and
<blink>blinking</blink> (joke), or in the ./configure script, or somewhere
else.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and respect. I could as well have
earned a flame or two, but you were all very cool and polite, which speaks
volumes about the quality of the community you guys have here.

FC

--

--
Dream of the Daily Mail
It is the Holy Grail

-Manic Street Preachers, "Royal Correspondent"