[Haskell-cafe] Poor first impression

Ketil Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Fri Apr 27 05:57:59 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 06:28 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> So I follow the directions

Which directions are those?  If they somehow tell users of Fedora to
download tarballs, they should be rectified to instruct users to 'yum
install ghc' instead.

> So, I conclude that Haskell is not ready for prime time, if it cannot
> install itself correclty including shared libs in a standard Fedora
> Core 6 system

Well - readline 4 *is* available on FC6, while presumably there exist
other distributions that haven't upgraded to readline 5 yet.  Since FC6
and most other updated distributions ship ghc as a native package, I'm
not convinced this is an unreasonable default.

-k