[Haskell-cafe] Obscure instances for Obscure types

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Thu Apr 26 19:51:30 EDT 2007

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 00:40:33 +0100
"Neil Mitchell" <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If it's too annoying to wait for that inevitability, try commenting
> > the hell out of it until it has a respectable number of lines.
>
> Comments are for people who can't sense what their code does from the
> indentation :-)

A bit of an exaggeration. I've written points-free code that *needs*
comments in order for *me* to understand it six months later. ;)

> That and Haddock doesn't let you comment instances in
> any way that shows up, so all my beautiful comments would be lost.

Yes, but you can still comment the module that contains them, which
does show up, and manually list the instances. Since the number of
instances is so small, this isn't hard.

--
Robin