[Haskell-cafe] Is Template Haskell a suitable macro language?

Magnus Jonsson magnus at smartelectronix.com
Tue Apr 24 11:10:13 EDT 2007

I have the same problem too when using Haskell. The more I try to enforce
static guarantees the more I get lots of datatypes that are similar except
for one or two constructors. The best way I have found to avoid this is to
simply give up on some of the static guarantees and just use one datatype
that contains all the constructors. Less static guarantees but also less
needless type coaxing between 90% similar types. I haven't tried using
macros.