[Haskell-cafe] Re: IDE support

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Tue Apr 24 05:39:06 EDT 2007

> I use emacs exclusively for hacking Haskell, but I wanted to see
> if it's possible to connect to the shim server-process from vim
> and started working on omnicompletion:
>
> http://shim.haskellco.de/trac/attachment/wiki/ScreenShots/vim-shim.png
>
> http://shim.haskellco.de/trac/wiki/ShimVim
>
> http://darcsweb.haskellco.de/darcsweb.cgi?r=shim;a=tree;f=/vim
>
> I don't think I will spend much more time working on this, but
> if anyone wants to try it out or improve it,  I would be happy
> to answer questions and review patches.

thanks, i too had been wondering about the "vim and" part of shim,
especially about the interprocess communication. you're using vim's
python embedding for that, but many vim users won't have python.
more importantly: is that python solution (using unix sockets portable,
ie, would it work for windows vim users if they were asked to install
python for that purpose?

claus