[Haskell-cafe] Is there a best *nix or BSD distro for Haskell hacking?

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:40:51 EDT 2007

If you opt for ubuntu, have a look at

http://groups.google.de/group/fa.haskell/browse_thread/thread/e63e73e7fc9e96c2/be76e381f8c33f39?lnk=st&q=%22haskell+cafe%22+%22Trouble+trying+to+find+packages+for+ubuntu+linux%22&rnum=1&hl=en#be76e381f8c33f39

This little hack enabled me to do a sort of "one shot install" for all
the haskell packages available for feisty, although I was running
dapper ("long term support") ubuntu.

This meant a lot less dependency chasing when I wanted to install
something nonstandard, or with nonstandard dependencies, eg HApps.

(nota bene, I think the issue of dependency chasing should hopefully
cease to matter when the cabal developers figure out how to do that
during an install.)

thomas.