[Haskell-cafe] Is there a best *nix or BSD distro for Haskell hacking?

Ryan Dickie goalieca at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 15:21:32 EDT 2007

My vote goes to ubuntu. I've been using it for a few years and before that I
tried a wide variety of distros. Ubuntu has a lot of polish, takes 20
minutes to install, and is just a really nice distribution overall. Things
just work. Ubuntu is debian based so if you chose against ubuntu my second
vote goes for debian.

Many of the haskell packages including darcs, ghc, and well over 100 other
packages (mostly libraries) are in the package manager ready to be
installed.

--ryan