[Haskell-cafe] COM and Haskell

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Apr 19 15:32:21 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 08:59:17AM -0700, Justin Bailey wrote:
>    All,
>    I'm interested in automating Excel using Haskell. I'm writing a little
>    program for my wife and it'd be nice to fill out an Excel spreadsheet
>    for her (with formatting so I don't think CSV will cut it). A bit of
>    Googling didn't turn up anything interesting.
>    Has any work been done on using Excel (or more generally, COM) from
>    Haskell?
>    Thanks for any pointers!
>    Justin
>    p.s. I'm aware of the article "Spreadsheet for Functional Programmers"
>    article and Neil Mitchell's post about HsExcel - but those go the wrong
>    way :(

There is only one library: hdirect. But I don't know its status there
have been some posts and some authors may have chnaged it.
I'd suggest grepping some mailinglist archives (you can find them all on
haskell.org) or wait till someone else gives a more helpful reply ;)

If you application will be only small you'll be faster using VBScript.

Marc