[Haskell-cafe] question about Data.Binary and Double instance

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 07:23:27 EDT 2007

Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Yeah, we've concentrated so far on the serialisation of Haskell values,
> not reading/writing externally defined binary formats. I don't think
> we've been especially clear on that. But we do intend to tackle both.

Speaking for myself, I certainly didn't realise you were intending to
solve these two different problems. Serialisation and binary data access
are clearly quite different issues (though it makes sense for the one to
layer on the other). Perhaps you should (a) be clearer in your
propaganda and (b) give the two parts different names?

Jules