[Haskell-cafe] Parallel executing of actions

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 05:39:54 EDT 2007

Hi!

On 4/18/07, Juan Carlos Arevalo Baeza <jcab.lists at jcabs-rumblings.com> wrote:
> This evaluates all the elements of the list using parMap (the expensive
> part, right?), and then sequentially applies the action on the current
> thread.

True. But currently I have the "main" function I would like to
parallel something like this:

drawPixel x y = do openGLDrawPixel x y color where color = calcColor x y

But it is probably really better if I first calculate everything and
then just draw it. It is easier to parallelize (will have only pure
functions) and also I will not have those OpenGL errors.

Thanks everybody

Mitar