[Haskell-cafe] Tutorial on Haskell

Dougal Stanton ithika at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 06:06:04 EDT 2007

On 16/04/07, Thomas Hartman <tphyahoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe that could be simplified and something could be based on that.
>
> A one-liner using PCRE regex might also be of use.

Unless it can be performed with astounding dexterity, I don't think
try to beat, for example, Perl at its own game will produce worthwhile
results.

What, instead, is Haskell's unique selling point? Non-strictness?
Purity? Optional, composable, computation styles (ie, drop-in monads
for non-determinism, continuations, state etc)? Succinct and elegant
syntax? Something else?

Cheers,

D.