[Haskell-cafe] Compiling GHC

Andrew Appleyard aja at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Apr 12 09:27:51 EDT 2007

On 11/04/2007, at 7:52 pm, Chris Witte wrote:
> I made this change but I still get the error
> unknown symbol `_gettimeofday'
> I'm using mingw 5.1.3 which as far as i can tell should use the
> 3.11 runtime.

Ensure that HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY is defined in mk/config.h.

Also, I discovered that changes to Linker.c don't make it into
ghc.exe if you just do a 'make' in the base directory.  You need to
make the RTS, then link ghc with the new RTS.  The following commands
work for me (more typing, but a lot faster than making clean):

   make -C rts
   rm compiler/stage2/ghc.exe
   make -C compiler stage=2
   make install