[Haskell-cafe] Why Perl is more learnable than Haskell

Thomas Conway drtomc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 21:52:48 EDT 2007

On 4/11/07, riccardo cagnasso <lordphas at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you first language is LISP probably you find easy Haskell and difficult
> pearl.

I must say I agree here. I spent 10 years programming in prolog before
I tried haskell. Most of my problems with haskell are because it has a
rather opaque performance model (e.g. when should you use tail
recursion, and when should you not). But I happily acknowledge that my
experience is probably atypical. ;-)

cheers,
T.
--
Dr Thomas Conway      You are beautiful; but learn to work,
drtomc at gmail.com         for you cannot eat your beauty.