[Haskell-cafe] Re: Trouble trying to find packages for ubuntu linux

Dougal Stanton ithika at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 05:41:13 EDT 2007

On 05/04/07, Thomas Hartman <tphyahoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the spirit of...
>   I hate package chasing, cabal doesn't do this automatically (yet),
> and hard disk space is cheap...

Agreed. As much as I like the rest of Ubuntu I'm beginning to dislike
binary packages after only a week away from Gentoo ;-) Still, at least
they install quicker!

Are there recommended ways of setting up current development systems?
I'm the only person on this machine, so having system-wide packages
isn't much of an issue. Would I be better just building all my own
from tarball rather than hoping Feisty stays up to date?