[Haskell-cafe] source code for haskell web server?
ekarttun at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu Sep 28 09:24:26 EDT 2006
On 28.09 15:33, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Einar,
> Thursday, September 28, 2006, 1:25:55 PM, you wrote:
> > Historically HAppS has used ByteStrings in HTTP, while most other
> > libraries have used Strings.
> why not use StringLike class here? you can find implementation at
> darcs get --partial http://darcs.haskell.org/SoC/fps-soc/
1) Because it didn't exist at the time
2) Lots of code would need even more type parameters
3) Would still need specialize pragmas to get acceptable performance
4) No easy way of adding ByteStrings without unpacking first which is slow
5) One can already easily write functions that handle setting anything
string-like as the body.
But moving from [ByteString] into a lazy ByteString makes sense.
- Einar Karttunen
More information about the Haskell-Cafe