[Haskell-cafe] Re: Is Haskell a 5GL?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 13:18:27 EDT 2006

Hello Ch.,

> thus I think I will stay away from using it but argue with
> concrete abstraction features.

> Concerning the point someone made about the features of Haskell:
> * pattern matching: just case distinction
> * list comprehensions: syntactic sugar

some time i will write "Haskell advertisement" wiki. key Haskell selling points
i plan to mention is its expressiveness, reliability, excellent support
for concurrency while higher-order funcs, parameterized ADTs, polymorphism,
laziness, immutable data and various other language features are just
concrete Haskell instruments that allow to reach these universal
programmers goals

meanwhile, i recommend you to look into "why Haskell matters" and
http://www.md.chalmers.se/~rjmh/Papers/whyfp.pdf

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com