[Haskell-cafe] Haskore

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Sep 22 06:03:55 EDT 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, David Curran wrote:

> Hi
> I have been trying to learn haskell (tip over the vending machine) for
> a while and eventually decided the Haskore music library might be a
> good way to start understating the language.

Please, don't understate this language! ;-)

> I am using windows and hugs98. The IOExtensions.hs file will not work
> under windows. Any ideas on how to make it work or is this library
> *nix only?

I think that this problem was resolved in the revised Haskore version, see
 http://darcs.haskell.org/haskore/
   and its binary file wrapper
 http://darcs.haskell.org/haskore/src/Haskore/General/IO.hs

However, I feel that this Haskore version is no longer simple enough for
learning.