[Haskell-cafe] Problems interpreting

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Sep 18 09:07:54 EDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 05:35:47AM -0700, Carajillu wrote:
> I'm testing it and it's working really well. The other solutions are a
> little complicated for me, but I'm still trying to undestand them.

Jón's approach (the last version of his message), usually cleaner and
more concise, is called point-free and is quite common in functional
programming. It can be a bit confusing to newcomers, though, since
part of the function's arguments do not appear explicitly in the
expressions' body (as the list to be matched and modified in your

You can read something more about this style here:

Hope this helps.