[Haskell-cafe] Microsoftish Haskell

Kaveh Shahbazian kaveh.shahbazian at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 02:05:52 EDT 2006

1 - Prologue
I am writing C# WEB/Desktop/Embeded applications for 3 years by now
and before that, I was writing Visual C++/MFC/COM sort of things. I
can say now that everything that come from microsoft is a handcraft of
a saleman that has no guaranty and will break before you get home and
even try it! For example see generics in C#. These thing are just a
code generatore utility that is embeded in Visual Studio 2005 and
Microsoft "JUST" has named it "GENERICS". For comparation see generics
in Java 5.0.
2 - Question
Will Haskell become another pet for Microsoft? If Yes/No, Why? (There
are many issues around licensing GHC as you'v seen in this mailing
list and I think Haskell already HAS some big problems that prevent
others to use it confidently.)