[Haskell-cafe] Re: evaluate vs seq

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Fri Sep 15 07:59:57 EDT 2006

No, I wasn't suggesting that evaluate can tell the difference, just
that you can add dubious "functions".

You can evaluate with eager evaluation and some kind of threads+fair
scheduler.  Both pH and the (short lived) Eager Haskell version of
ghc did this.  (Well, I'm not sure pH ever got the fair scheduler.)

	-- Lennart