[Haskell-cafe] Bit string

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Sep 15 07:30:39 EDT 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Thomas Conway wrote:

> My question for all present is: Have I missed either a problem with
> using Integer, or have I overlooked a better representation?

With my Modula background, where a machine-oriented SET type is available,
I consider using integers as bit sets (as in Data.Bits) as a hack.
Assuming that integers are stored by binary numbers might be true for all
todays computer systems, but I wouldn't count on that.
 According to its interface, Data.IntSet might be an option for you.

http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/Data-IntSet.html