[Haskell-cafe] Re: Optimization problem

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 14 13:51:59 EDT 2006

Magnus Jonsson wrote:
> Thanks Bertran for your solution. I have difficulty understanding it so I
> can't comment on it right now but I'll try to have a look at it. Do you
> know of any article that explains this technique, starting from very
> simple examples?

Not really. It's a result of thinking about lazy evaluation, and
especially lazy patterns (and let bindings) for some time. A wiki article
that helped me a lot to understand these is

  http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/TyingTheKnot

I'd like to point out the trustList function there which uses the idea
of encoding the structure of a term and its actual values in different
arguments, i.e. a blueprint.

HTH,

Bertram