[Haskell-cafe] Reading integers

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Thu Sep 7 14:01:00 EDT 2006

Bertram Felgenhauer wrote:
> I can't comment on why Bulat doesn't like negative numbers.

Neither it seems, did the original Haskell committee - that's why we have to
muddle along with a confusing unary minus operator instead of proper
negative literals - see the thread beginning
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2006-August/017410.html for
the latest exciting attempt to get rid of unary minus... ;-)

Regards, Brian.
--
"Man simply could not have the right interest in beauty
  if in his life of soul he were not entangled in a world