[Haskell-cafe] installing modules

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Wed Sep 6 08:19:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

This is a newbie question.  I found some modules on the internet that
I would like to try (eg the Tim Docker's chart library [1], etc).
Most of the code I see is in darcs repositories, I figured out how to
get them, but I don't know how to install it _cleanly_.

Cleanly means that it ends up in the "right" directory.  How do people
usually do that?  I am using ghc6 on debian testing.

Am I supposed to use the thing called "cabal"?  Is it perhaps possible
to create a debian package from sources that were packaged with this
tool?

Thank you,

Tamas

[1] http://dockerz.net/software/chart.html