[Haskell-cafe] function result caching

Silviu Gheorghe ghesil.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 17:14:28 EDT 2006

hello,I'm new to Haskell and  I'm using it to do some simulations for a
game, and I have a some functions that have as argument just one int (the
current situation), but they do a lot of computations after that (future
evolutions etc)

I'd like to know if the results are "cached"  by the compiler (there are
only a few thousand values i call the functions on, but they are distributed
on a  fairly large  interval (0-1000000), because of the codification.

if they are not I'd like to know what is the best way to cache them
manually, and where can I read more about this, and the optimizations the
compiler does, because I've searched the web before and i found very little
on this topic.

thank you very much

Silviu

P.S. sorry for my English :)