[Haskell-cafe] Re: New Name for MissingH?

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Nov 30 11:06:26 EST 2006

Neil Mitchell wrote:

> Hi
>
>> The alternative I've been thinking of is something like Haskell Utility
>> Library (HUL).
>
> Yuk. I like MissingH. MissingH suggests things that are missing from
> the standard set and provided here. HsMissing would be my preferred
> choice, but its not really important.

Makes sense.

> I think the problem isn't that the name is confusing, but that no one
> knows it exists or what it does. Things like adding it to the Hoogle

I'm working on that.  There should be a real homepage with a wiki for it
soon.  It's already in HCAR, and I think it's on the wiki list of
libraries.  But I'll try to help it along, too.

I couldn't figure out how to add it to hoogle.  Does anyone have a pointer
for that?

> database would probably help, along with greater "there is a function
> for that in MissingH" posts to the haskell-cafe list as people ask.

True, too.  I didn't want to be too annoying, so I have tried to not do that
too much.  But since you asked, I'll try to step in more.

-- John