[Haskell-cafe] Re: help with threadDelay

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Tue Nov 28 21:19:16 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 03:37:05PM +0000, Neil Davies wrote:
> Ian/Simon(s) Thanks - looking forward to the fix.

I've now pushed it to the HEAD.

> It will help with the real time enviroment that I've got.

Lazy evaluation and GHC's garbage collector will probably cause
headaches if you want true real time stuff.

> Follow on query: Is there a way of seeing the value of this interval
> from within the Haskell program?  Helps in the calibration loop.

I don't follow - what interval do you want to know? You can't find out
how long threadDelay took, but the lower bound (in a correct
implementation) is what you ask for and the upper bound is what you get
by measuring it, as you did in your original message.

Thanks
Ian