[solved] Re: [Haskell-cafe] c2hs and cabal?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Nov 28 12:24:11 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 12:00:50 +0000, Magnus Therning wrote:
[..]
>Can't really see anything obviously bogus about the following:
>
>  % cat Foo.chs
>  module Foo where
>
>  #include "foo.h"
>
>  fooOne i = {# call foo1 #} i

I solved my problem, but thought I'd send a mail to the list for anyone
who's struggling as much as me (if that's even possible).

The problem was that GHC requires a commandline argument telling it to
deal with FFI.  Including the following in Foo.chs resulted in
successful compilation:

 {-# OPTIONS_GHC -fffi #-}

/M

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Good powers of observation are frequently called "cynicism" by those
that don't have them.