[Haskell-cafe] Re: Priority Queue?

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Sun Nov 26 18:19:20 EST 2006

Ken Takusagawa wrote:
> Is there a Haskell implementation of an efficient priority queue
> (probably heap-based) out there that I can use?  I do not see it in
> the GHC libraries.

Unfortunately the base package contains only the specialized Data.Sequence
and not the general annotated 2-3 finger trees, which could be easily
instantiated to an efficient priority queue.

I have a package lying around that I wrote 1 or 2 years ago that implements
the (much more complicated) search tree version of the 2-3 finger trees. I
just managed to compile it again. Can send you a tarball if you are
interested.

Ben