[Haskell-cafe] importing Distribution.Compat.FilePath fails

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Nov 20 03:42:09 EST 2006

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 21:24:53 +0000, Alistair Bayley wrote:
>On 18/11/06, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>>  Could not find module `Distribution.Compat.FilePath':
>>    it is hidden (in package Cabal-1.1.6)
>>
>>I want to use 'joinFileName'.
>
>Try upgrading to 1.1.6.1. This explains why:
>http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2006-October/005996.html

The official FilePath they mention, is that Neil Mitchell's module
(mentioned earlier in this thread)?

I'm not looking to use it in a Setup.hs :-)

/M

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

If our ideas of intellectual property are wrong, we must change them,
improve them and return them to their original purpose. When
intellectual property rules diminish the supply of new ideas, they
steal from all of us.
     -- Andrew Brown, November 19, 2005, The Guardian