[Haskell-cafe] importing Distribution.Compat.FilePath fails

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Nov 18 16:31:09 EST 2006

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 20:18:12 +0100, Lemmih wrote:
>On 11/18/06, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>>Putting
>>
>>  import Distribution.Compat.FilePath
>>
>>in my source results in
>>
>>  Could not find module `Distribution.Compat.FilePath':
>>    it is hidden (in package Cabal-1.1.6)
>>
>>I want to use 'joinFileName'.
>>
>>I found this thread from the cabal-devel list
>>
>>  http://www.mail-archive.com/cabal-devel@haskell.org/msg00162.html
>>
>>and I was hoping that my cabal version would have an unhidden FilePath
>>module... apparently not.  Can I unhide it somehow?
>
>How about using this instead:
>http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/projects/libraries.php#filepath

The only reason would be that it isn't in my GHC install by default (I'm
on Debian Sid).  However, I suppose I can look at this as an excellent
first experiment with Cabal and packaging Haskell libs for Debian :-)

Thanks for pointing it out.  Looks like a perfect fit for me!

/M

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
     -- Quote from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs