[Haskell-cafe] Cabal ^M bug

Vyacheslav Akhmechet coffeemug at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 15:33:42 EST 2006

Cabal appears to have an end-of-line bug. If the .cabal file is
created on Windows and the project is installed on a Unix system, the
resulting executable ends up having ^M at the end because Cabal
doesn't properly handle Windows line termination. If the .cabal file
is converted to Unix style, everything installs as expected.

I tried to submit a ticket to Cabal via the wiki but couldn't
authenticate (guest/haskell, as says on the web page, doesn't seem to
work). Also HackageDB link seems to be down. I'm not sure who's
maintaining the project, so I'm emaling here.

Thanks,
 - Slava.