[Haskell-cafe] importing Distribution.Compat.FilePath fails

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Nov 18 13:48:44 EST 2006

Putting

  import Distribution.Compat.FilePath

in my source results in

  Could not find module `Distribution.Compat.FilePath':
    it is hidden (in package Cabal-1.1.6)

I want to use 'joinFileName'.

I found this thread from the cabal-devel list

  http://www.mail-archive.com/cabal-devel@haskell.org/msg00162.html

and I was hoping that my cabal version would have an unhidden FilePath
module... apparently not.  Can I unhide it somehow?

/M

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

It's important for a corporate leader to know the difference between
what is actually illegal, and what people assume should be illegal.
     -- Bill Gates, in interview for The Register, 19th June 2006