[Haskell-cafe] Re: best Linux for GHC?

Mark T.B. Carroll Mark.Carroll at Aetion.com
Mon Nov 13 10:48:51 EST 2006

Max Vasin <max.vasin at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, but I wouldn't recommend installing rpms in debian-based system
> (although, it can work perfectly). GHC 6.6 is in Debian unstable
> (and should be in Ubuntu 6.10 or development branch). Ubuntu universe
> repositiry is automatically updated from Debian repos thus being
> one of the largest repos for Linux.
>
> PS: I'm using Debian testing/unstable.

How up to date will Debian unstable's GHC be kept, though? It seems
pretty good at the moment, but there have been times when we've had to
install from source instead of via Debian earlier this year so that we
had GHC features and bugfixes in place - the Debian version has got
rather out of date at times with respect to stuff we needed.

-- Mark