[Haskell-cafe] Re: Fractional/negative fixity?

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at cs.chalmers.se
Wed Nov 8 11:56:13 EST 2006

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006, Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> If the Prelude would be splitted into modules, where (==) and (+)
> are separated, and no module imports the other one, then we need a
> third module, which states the relation between (==) and (+).

Yes, presumably. However, currently a fixity declaration for an
operator can only be given in the module where the operator is
defined. In this hypothetical new system, how would one import/export
fixity declarations? Should they be named, or should they be treated
like instance declarations are treated today?

I've thought about this before, since I like the idea of not totally
ordering operator precedences, but I haven't found an elegant and
light-weight solution to this problem.

--
/NAD