[Haskell-cafe] Re: Fractional/negative fixity?

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at cs.chalmers.se
Wed Nov 8 09:45:48 EST 2006

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006, "Arie Peterson" <ariep at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Specifying precedence 'lazily', by a partial order, does not suffer from
> this problem, because it only requires you to make local decisions.

Assuming we only want to be able to make local decisions.

Let's say that we want == to bind less tightly than +, as it is now.
Let's also say that Eq and Num are defined in two different
_unrelated_ modules (this of course implies that Eq is not a
superclass of Num). Where and how would we specify the relation
between these two operators?

--
/NAD