[Haskell-cafe] Fractional/negative fixity?

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 17:25:40 EST 2006

Let's remember that if something is broke, it's only _right_ to _fix_
it. I patiently waited for someone else to make that pun.

Understanding the language won't be much harder, but understanding
fixity declarations will become a task. Consider:

infixl -1.7521  -- what and why?

As the operator space becomes more dense, negative and fractional
fixities are going to become more obfuscated. The negative and
fractional fixities will satisfy a number purposes well, but they will
also be abused and lead to confusion.

This smells like a wart growing on a wart to me.

Nick