[Haskell-cafe] Livecoding music in Haskell

alex alex at slab.org
Mon Nov 6 16:36:31 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 01:22 +1100, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> Alex McLean has kindly put up a screencast of him creating
> *music via live coding in Haskell* !
>     http://doc.gold.ac.uk/~ma503am/alex/haskellmusic

Thanks Don!

I originally did this screencast a while ago for a 6 minute constrained
talk which explains why it's so short.  This was about my first Haskell
program, I've progressed some since this experiment and will make a new
screencast soon.

I've been doing similar things with Perl for some years as part of a
band called slub (http://slub.org/), a quick 20 second taster of my Perl
the same thing as flash here:

It's probably worth pointing out that while slub have had people dancing
to their code on several occasions, these particular screencasts are
really of tech demos rather than music.