[Haskell-cafe] Livecoding music in Haskell

alex alex at slab.org
Mon Nov 6 16:36:31 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 01:22 +1100, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> Alex McLean has kindly put up a screencast of him creating
> *music via live coding in Haskell* !
>     http://doc.gold.ac.uk/~ma503am/alex/haskellmusic

<delurk>

Thanks Don!

I originally did this screencast a while ago for a 6 minute constrained
talk which explains why it's so short.  This was about my first Haskell
program, I've progressed some since this experiment and will make a new
screencast soon.

I've been doing similar things with Perl for some years as part of a
band called slub (http://slub.org/), a quick 20 second taster of my Perl
here:
  http://yaxu.org/20/pl.avi
the same thing as flash here:
  http://youtube.com/watch?v=fbefIdbSmD4

It's probably worth pointing out that while slub have had people dancing
to their code on several occasions, these particular screencasts are
really of tech demos rather than music.

cheers,

alex