[Haskell-cafe] Fractional/negative fixity?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 01:59:38 EST 2006

Hello Dan,

Saturday, November 4, 2006, 5:07:15 AM, you wrote:

> Here's an idea that (I think) is useful and backwards compatible:
> fractional and negative fixity.

yes, i think the same. for example, once i've tried to define postfix
'when' operator like those in perl/ruby

print msg `on` mode==debug

but failed because my code frequently contains '$' and there is no way
to define operation with a lower precedence

really, there is another alternative to solve my particular problem:
make `op` applications having fixed -1 precedence. such applications
look "heavyweight" and once i have a wonderful debugging story just
because for my eyes it was obvious that (a `div` b+1) means "do add
before div"

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com