[Haskell-cafe] How to improve speed? (MersenneTwister is several times slower than C version)

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 03:26:47 EST 2006

Hello isto,

> I have tried to do different things but now I'm stuck.  unsafeRead
> and unsafeWrite improved a bit the lazy (STUArray-version) and

why you think it's a lazy? :)  ST monad is just the same as IO monad
internally, only types are different (there is also Lazy.ST monad -
this is really lazy)

10-20 times difference is typical for GHC programs. i think that
better results are observed only when C version is really bound by
memory speed (that is rather typical situation)

use JHC if you need to generate really fast code. or use ocaml/clean

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com