[Haskell-cafe] Black Haskell Hacker's t-shirt (was Re: there's a monster in my Haskell!

Fritz Ruehr fruehr at willamette.edu
Wed Nov 1 16:29:06 EST 2006

I suppose this might be a good time to announce the tentative
availability of BLACK t-shirts in the "Haskell Hackers" design, which
in fact features a "monster". (Note that I am only responsible for
the composition of elements on the shirt: the monster drawing itself
comes from a dingbat font.)

The design has been on the merchandise logo page for several years
(see <http://www.willamette.edu/~fruehr/logos/PNGs/RealHackers.png>),
but several people had asked for it on a black shirt, and CafePress
(our arbitrarily-preferred production house) only recently announced
availability such shirts.

By way of fair warning, the black shirts are still considered to be
"beta" by CafePress: they are more expensive and can only be printed
on one-side.

Nevertheless, I made a black version of the "Haskell Hackers"/monster
logo which can be ordered here:

	<http://www.cafepress.com/HaskellHackers>

My beta-tester tells me that it washes well, but that it looks more
abstract in black than it does in white, specifically that the
monster is less recognizable. (Anyone ordering a shirt might want to
compare the two design colors; I haven't made a white one available
yet, but would be happy to do so upon request.)

   --  Fritz

PS: as always, Haskell.org merchandise is offered on a non-profit
basis. A small amount of funds accrue in the account based on link
referrals, which we have used to gift shirts to a few Haskell
luminaries.

PPS: I wouldn't recommend ordering this design on the new red
("cardinal")-colored shirts.