[Haskell-cafe] Simple GADT parser for the eval example

Alexey Rodriguez mrchebas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 13:18:27 EST 2006

Hello Greg,

It seems that I am late for the party but we used a "GADT parser" in the
tool we built for our "Generating Generic Functions" paper[1]. It so happens
that I made slides for this material so, if you're interested you can have a
look at [2].

The motivation for doing this was that we needed to check whether a simply
typed lambda calculus term satisfies a property or not. The road we took was
software testing, but for that we needed evaluation and hence the GADT
stuff.

You might like the fact that these well-typed terms include binding
constructs such as lambda abstractions and variables. The code uses some
tricks that I borrowed from Conor McBride and company :).

Cheers,

Alexey

[1] http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/Alexey/GeneratingGenericFunctions
[2]