[Haskell-cafe] Filtering on data constructors with TH

Christophe Poucet christophe.poucet at gmail.com
Wed May 31 22:59:56 EDT 2006

Dear,

After having read Bulat's mail regarding TH when I had mentioned my wish
for Pretty, I decided to use TH for a much smaller project. That's why
today I have created an automated derivation for data constructor
filtering. As I started coding someone mentioned that something similar
can be done with list comprehensions, so I'm not certain about the scope
of usefulness, however personally I have found the need for this at
times. Anyways, the code can be obtained from the darcs repo at
http://oasis.yi.org:8080/repos/haskell/filter

Suggestions, bugs, additions are always welcome :)

Here is an example:

{-# OPTIONS_GHC -fglasgow-exts -fth #-}
module Main where

import Filter

data T = A Int String | B Integer | C deriving Show

data Plop a b = Foo a | Bar b deriving Show

$(deriveFilter ''T)
$(deriveFilter ''Plop)

main :: IO ()
main = do
  let l = [A 1 "s", B 2, C]
  let l2 = [Foo 1, Bar "a", Foo 2, Bar "b"]
  print l
  print $ filter isA l
  print l2
  print $ filter isFoo l2