[Haskell-cafe] Problem trying to get class Bounded to work

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Tue May 23 05:53:24 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 02:00, Brian Hulley wrote:
> I wonder if Haskell' will automatically make type variables scope
> over the function body (without an explicit forall)? Is there any
> reason why they shouldn't always do so?

One I can think of is that the type signature for a function may be at
the other end of the file. Some discussion about the pros and cons can
be found here

http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell%40haskell.org/msg15738.html

and here

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.glasgow.user/9219

Ben
--
You've never looked into my eyes but don't you want to know
What the dark and the wild and the different know -- Melissa Etheridge